Chasing Cheerios

Friday, May 16, 2008

Counting in Spanish

O surprised us a few days ago by counting in Spanish. I used to count in Spanish with her everytime we counted in English, but I stopped once she started counting independently (about 6 months ago) because I was afraid she would get confused. While we were camping, I was reading her a book and decided to count in Spanish to see what she would say. I said "uno," then she said "dos, tres, cuatro." I almost fell over! All those months of counting in Spanish and listening to Spanish cds paid off :)

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny! You reminded me of when Tatum was littler and one day I heard her counting in Spanish. I asked her who taught her how to count like that and she said "Dora!" At least she learned SOMETHING when I plopped her in front of the tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason Charlie prefers to count in Spanish. Whenever he forgets a number he says, "Ocho, Ocho, Ocho" until we tell him what really comes next. This is great b/c I am really hoping he and JC will pick up Spanish quick so they can translate for me in Guatemala!

    ReplyDelete