Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gumdrop Tree

For our 2nd day of advent activities, we made a gumdrop tree. To make this tree, we used a styrofoam tree form, toothpicks, and gumdrops. O had difficulty pushing the toothpicks into the tree, so that was my job :) We really had a good time making this tree while listening to Christmas music :) The whole time we were making the tree, I kept thinking that it would be so much easier if the toothpicks were cut in half. For some reason, I didn't break them, but just kept using the whole toothpicks. We had to stop working to eat supper (and O had lost interest), so we finished it the next morning. I broke the toothpicks in half, and it was 1000 times easier!!! I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Obviously, my brain was turned off :) We also enjoyed tasting the gumdrops. O tasted a few and said "O not like it. It's ucky!" Then she'd try another one... More than anything she enjoyed feeding me red gumdrops!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

O is VERY proud of our finished gumdrop tree!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

8 comments:

  1. I've also tried this with wrapped lollipops, when I was a preschool teacher. It was great to give out the lollipops at the end of the day to each of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls would love this! We will have to add it to our list of activities for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME idea! Definitely one to add to my list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. su.per. cute! I will be mentioning this post in my sunday links post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea. I am going to try this with my 3 yr old. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute.

    ReplyDelete