Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day Cards

 


This post is a little late, but better late than never! I wasn't planning on posting it, but I'll want to remember what we did one day, and I like to be able to easily look back at the blog to jog my memory :) I painted O's hands, and we made heart shapes using her handprints for cards for her grandparents. We love to make things with O's handprints, and this was easy to do. The idea came from a book of my sister's, and I also saw it on The Crafty Crow. The sad part is that we never actually finished delivering the cards to her grandparents. I hope they won't mind receiving VERY late Valentine's!

9 comments:

  1. I did these with the kids at work. They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I wonder how you might adapt it for upcoming holidays, like St. Patty's day or Easter. Anyway, I'm glad you did share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandparents never mind getting things late. They are just glad to get them - especially something so personalized and made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the heart hand print idea. I'll have to remember that for next year. For St. Patrick's Day you could make each hand print part of one of the 3 leaves of a clover. We also love doing things with Emily's hand prints. We made turkey hand prints for thanksgiving and turned them into cards. They were a very big hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I must remember this for next year. As for the late delivery, there is nothing more special than receiving a token of love on a day that just an ordinary day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would mind receiving a late Valentine's if it were that cute? What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen this in a book :) I am the one who had it on Crafty Crow ;) I love doing all things w/ hands and footprints. :) Glad it was an idea that others enjoy and like. I really like all your ideas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of the comments! Somehow none of these comments were sent to my email, so I just saw them when I was updating the blog. I hope I haven't missed anymore :)

    ReplyDelete