Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shape Windows


O and I had fun reviewing her shapes using these shape windows (via Confessions of a Homeschooler).

I printed the shapes on cardstock and used an x-acto knife to cut out the middle of the shapes before laminating them. After laminating the shapes, I cut them out of the cardstock (I like to do most of my cutting after laminating in order to have a cleaner edge). Now they look like windows, which is a fun effect :) O had fun running around the room and looking at different objects through her shape windows, and she's looking forward to using the shape windows to teach "baby sister" her shapes!

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean when you say that you cut them out of the cardstock after laminating them. I am a little confused. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laminate the whole sheet before cutting. Many people cut the object and then laminate, but I prefer the clean edge that you get when you laminate a full page before cutting. Hope it makes more sense now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote about circles and I'll have to link to you. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete