Chasing Cheerios

Friday, August 12, 2011

Cultural Exchange Package from Julie (Ohio)

Julie from Ohio was kind enough to send a package to the O(5) and E(1) (as a bonus since we aren't a part of her group). It is a wonderful package, and we are very thankful to Julie for her kindness!

Here's a picture of all of the loot! I love how Julie put the things in individual bags and labeled everything.








The girls are going to LOVE the glow sticks, and O will adore the postcard of the Amish children.


Julie included a craft which is a great idea!




Here is an excerpt from the letter. It's full of great information and pictures.




Julie included a map and coloring sheets (with permission from Erica).






I'm saving the cultural exchange packages to start giving the girls one a month after Christmas. They'll receive a map for Christmas along with a "subscription" to a monthly cultural exchange package. I think this package will be perfect for July when we celebrate July 4th!

Receiving this package from Ohio has gotten me excited about doing a USA exchange in the future! It will be so much fun to receive packages from the different states when we are studying USA geography!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! Some great ideas!! I also can't wait to be a part of a US exchange!! My packages are coming along nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to start sending and receiving packages. Our group decided to include to each other a mommy note and also religious places if we belonged to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I'd love to do a US exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work! I have some similar things so it's nice to know I am on the right track :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not in your group but if you are interested, I posted about the Mexico package that I sent out:

    http://apgacruz.blogspot.com/2011/08/cultural-exchange-mexico-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing this package. I have been wondering if I was on the right track also, and after seeing this (and having some similar items) I'm beginning to think I am. I can't wait to start seeing the packages from my group. We've decided to include a favorite recipe and also a traditional outfit in the form of a paper doll. Exactly what is traditional for the USA??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iwould love to get in on a group if still available? I know its late, but i just found this.
    thanks
    kc from california

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be part of a group if still available. I am in california.
    thanks
    kc

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great Idea! Do you also do exchanges with other countries?

    ReplyDelete