Chasing Cheerios

Friday, November 11, 2011

Puffy Paint

Making puffy paint with the girls has been on my to-do list for years (probably at least 3!). I was inspired by Pinterest and "P" week to go ahead and do it!

E(2) and I made the paint one morning while O(5) was at school. We mixed together 1 cup of white flour, 1 cup of salt, and 1 cup of water. We stirred the ingredients and then divided the mixture and added paint.

After stirring the paint to mix it really well, I put it into squeeze bottles.


The girls had fun painting after O got home from school. O said she was doing an "Action Jackson" (Jackson Pollock) style painting.


Puffy painting eventually turned into finger (hand) painting!




I also learned a valuable lesson...always check the weather before leaving paintings outside on the porch to dry overnight. They got soak and several blew away :(

(I'm not linking to one particular blog, since I've seen this recipe on countless websites and blogs and in several craft books)

1 comment:

  1. I just did a version of this today with my kids. I also found it on pinterest. The only difference is that we did it on cardboard and when they were finished we microwaved them for 30 seconds to make them puff up and harden. It was a very fun activity : )

    ReplyDelete