Chasing Cheerios

Monday, December 5, 2011

Our First Advent Activity






Our first advent book was Advent Storybook.  After reading the first story in the book, the girls used glitter and glue to decorate small wooden stars.  They LOVED this book and activity!









 
O(5) was excited to add a little glue and glitter to her fingertips!



 
After the stars were dry, I hot glued small clothes pins to the back and wrote the girls' names and the year on the back of each one.  We clipped them to our Christmas tree and to the tiny tree in the girls bedroom.



5 comments:

  1. We've been reading that book too! Love it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I love the glitter on the fingertips! I have yet to figure out a good advent system for our family.
    -Amanda @ littleadventurespreschool@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted that you have found this book! We have done it every year since my eldest's first Advent (2006). We love traveling with Little Bear each year.

    Have you found the accompanying Advent calendar? Here is a link to it, if you are interested (this link gives me a commission, but you might find it somewhere closer to you that is cheaper): http://www.mightyape.com.au/product/Book/Advent-Storybook-Advent-Calendar/2141298/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stars and clothespins. My daughter and I might be making some of these later today!

    ReplyDelete